It was very difficult selecting only 16 dresses for this post. Cannes 2018 was a vibrant showcase of modernized sequins, extravagant textures and structures, and classic suits. Perhaps the most beautiful things about this year’s festival was the diversity of women on the red carpet. From Cindy Bruna’s sexy structured suit and Wang Likun’s ice princess gown to Ming Xi’s delicate sequined dress and Naomi Campbell’s stunning teal ensemble, it was great to see so many women of color on the red carpet.
If you google Roman and Williams Guild, you’ll fine the tagline “Design, French Food and Flowers.” Um can you think of a better combination? I dare you. This Soho gem was the perfect place to meet photographer, Caitee Smith, for the first time. I’m a bit of a micromanager and also pretty obsessive compulsive which does not make for the most easy to work with wannabe blogger girlfriend (sorry babe, I swear I didn’t mean to almost push you in front of a taxi for cutting off my feet in a picture) so I started looking for an affordable professional whose style I thought was similar to mine. After a bit of digging around the internet, I landed upon Caitee and we set up a time to meet for outfit and scenery pics at Roman and Williams.
Roman and Williams features gorgeous industrial influenced furniture, floral “sculptures” by Emily Thompson, and a cafe called La Mercerie.
Peach tart and baby blinis (Russian pancakes) with smoked salmon and creme fraiche
Zara coat, boots and fringed shirt; Paige leather pants; Topshop scarf and choker; Quay sunglasses
Thank you, Caitee, for these stunning photos!
- Drone camera so he can get those awesome aerial shots of you when you travel #instaboyfriend
- Dear Evan Hansen tickets because finally you won’t be the only one crying during a show
- A sassy card that he will (or will at least pretend to) appreciate
- Common Project sneakers that give his t-shirt and jeans uniform a sophisticated edge
- Tom Brady jersey because let’s face it: he really is the G.O.A.T.
- Bedsheets from Brooklinen because no boy ever has ever owned an extra set of sheets
- Tray table plus breakfast in bed. Feel free to Seamless because who are you kidding when you say you’re going to cook
- Apple TV so you can spend even more time Netflix and Chilling
- Harry’s subscription service even though you love his stubble
- All Saint’s sweater so he can stay warm when he’s doing #1 above
- Holiday gift pack of Jeni’s Splendid that you can share while watching Bridget Jones’ Diary for the millionth time
- Michele Watch which I’ve been eyeing for over a year
- A care package of her favorite Asian snacks because shrimp chips > Lays
- Monogrammed coffee mug
- Headphone splitter so you can finally both listen to Kanye at the same time
- Trendy workout leggings for the Equinox class she loves
- Gold rimmed agate coasters
- A piece of art from Society6 that she can liven up her room with
- A cool pair of silver sneakers
- Away carry on that she can use every time she visits you (which you wish was every week)
- H&M camel sweater with butterfly applique
- Affordable gold bangle bracelet that you could easily stack
- Classic black coat by Zara with a pretty fur collar
- Edgy take on a snow globe
- Off the shoulder sweater
- A great chair for the dining room, office or living room
- Adorable llama slip on sneakers complete with real llama wool