How did you guys fare in the blizzard? My roommate and I journeyed to the florist to buy roses and hydrangeas to freshen up our apartment, which looks so desolate during the winter months. Then, we baked these heavenly jalapeno cheddar biscuits and gobbled them down while working from home. I adapted a very simple recipe from Cooking for Keeps and the results were too good to be true.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1 cup half and half, plus more for brushing
- 1 ½ cups shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking power and salt together. Mix in 1 cup cheese until combined. Quickly mix in butter.
- Pour in milk and mix just until combine.
- Dump mixture out onto a lightly floured board. Knead once or twice until the dough comes together.
- Using hands, quickly press dough into a rectangle, ½ inch thick.
- Make biscuits, pressing down and then pressing up quickly. I used a regular drinking glass for this.
- Use scraps to make more biscuits until none is left.
- Line on a baking sheet lined with a silt pad.
- Brush milk on top of biscuits and then sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.